GREEN BAY, Wis. (July 7, 2015) –Continuing to set the standard for sustainability in the transportation industry, Schneider was recently selected for Food Logistics' 2015 "Top 20 Green Providers" list for the second straight year, recognizing North America's premier provider of truckload, intermodal and logistics services for its ongoing efforts.
Food Logistics is the only publication dedicated exclusively to the food and beverage supply chain. The "Top 20 Green Providers" list recognizes companies whose products, services or exemplary leadership enhances sustainability within the food and beverage industry. This year's list includes food producers and manufacturers, transportation and logistics providers, equipment manufacturers and others whose products and services drive sustainability from farm to fork.
- Schneider's inclusion on this list underscores the company's sustainability and green logistics initiatives including:
- Annual Society of Automotive Engineer (SAE) fuel-efficiency testing of new technologies since 1989
- Commitment to purchasing new tractors annually with Environmental Protection Agency–certified, near-zero emissions engines and aerodynamic trailers with low-rolling-resistance tires
- Driver training, incentives and route optimization
- 60-mph speed limit within its fleet
- Continued growth and expansion of Intermodal service offering, which is twice as energy efficient as over-the-road transport
"Schneider has been green almost as long as we've been orange!" said Schneider Chief Administrative Officer Steve Matheys. "We put it on ourselves to set the bar high when it comes to more environmentally responsible freight solutions for our customers. Making the Top 20 Green Providers list for a second year is a great recognition of that commitment."
To learn more about Schneider's commitment to sustainability and its green achievements, please visit schneider.com.
Schneider is the premier provider of truckload, intermodal and logistics services. Offering the broadest portfolio in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Regional, Long-Haul, Expedited, Dedicated, Bulk, Intermodal, Brokerage, Cross-Dock Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Port Logistics.
A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has been delivering superior customer experiences and safely getting it done for nearly 80 years. For more information about Schneider, visit Schneider.com or follow on Twitter @WeAreSchneider.