GREEN BAY, Wis. (Sept. 22, 2015) – Schneider has long been known as a leading transportation, logistics and intermodal provider as well as an industry leader for its sustainability initiatives. Schneider has in place a comprehensive approach to improving fuel efficiency, reducing green house gas emissions and upgrading the energy efficiency of its facilities.
The company’s leadership position in green transportation was recently recognized when Schneider was named to the 2015 “G75 Supply Chain Partner” by Inbound Logistics magazine, an information leader in supply chain and logistics management. The publication selects its G75 Supply Chain Partners by evaluating three areas: participation in public-private partnerships, corporate sustainability initiatives and collaborative customer-driven projects. Two benchmarks – measurable green results and sustainability innovation – are also considered in the decision-making process.
Schneider’s sustainability and green logistics initiatives include:
- Annual Society of Automotive Engineer (SAE) fuel-efficiency testing on promising components since 1989
- Commitment to purchasing Environmental Protection Agency–certified, near-zero emissions engines and aerodynamic trailers with low-rolling-resistance tires
- Driver training, incentives, route optimization and voluntary 60-mph speed limit for every truck in its fleet
Schneider began thinking green long before it was in vogue. Its sustainability roots date back to the 1970s. As the company became savvier in this space, it realized how beneficial a formal testing program could be to its operations and adopted an annual Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) testing program in 1989. This year, the EPA is celebrating the 11th anniversary of its SmartWay program, of which we are a charter member and multiple Excellence Award winner.
Schneider has been recognized by multiple organizations over the years, participates as a thought leader in various groups and continuously invests through products and technology. Our efforts in these areas include:
- Supply Chain Enabler award (2008, Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine)
- CaseStack Green Carrier Award (2009)
- Green Fleet of the Year (2010, Fleet Owner magazine)
- CSX Environmental Award (2010)
- Green Supply Chain Partner (2012, 2013 and 2014, Inbound Logistics magazine)
- Eco-Enterprise Award (2013, Oracle)
- Top Tier of Carbon Efficiency SmartWay Partner (2013)
- Top Green Provider (2014, Food Logistics)
- Top 50 Green Fleet Award (2014, Heavy Duty Trucking)
One of the largest truckload carriers in North America, Schneider has been the top choice of safety-minded drivers for 80 years. With over 75 percent of its drivers getting home weekly or better, Schneider provides professional opportunities that meet the work-life balance needs of today’s drivers and owner-operators.
Schneider is a $3.6 billion company and ranked a top-paying carrier by the National Transportation Institute, while being nationally recognized for its support of current and former military personnel. For more information about Schneider career opportunities, visit http://www.SchneiderJobs.com. You can also connect with Schneider on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jobsatschneider or follow on Twitter @schneiderjobs.