Schneiderjobs.com offers one-stop career shopping for its 38 different types of driver positions available
GREEN BAY, Wis. – (April 9, 2019) – Schneider (NYSE: SNDR)is well-known for its core value of safety, but another core value – the pursuit of excellence – is just as much ingrained in the company’s culture. That’s why one of the nation’s largest truckload carriers recently applied its relentless passion for innovation and improvement to its career website, Schneiderjobs.com, to create a better experience and more informative communication tool. Whether a driver is a seasoned pro looking for a new opportunity or is ready to get behind the wheel for the first time, the new user-friendly interface will help professional drivers find the information that addresses their questions quickly and easily.
A better online experience required redesigning the website with a driver’s specific needs in mind. One key component was to offer resource centers based on driver experience level, with content such as blogs, videos and FAQs offering the sought-after answers they’re looking for. Drivers can also search for jobs by ZIP or postal code and a variety of new filters, such as:
- Type of haul (e.g., bulk, intermodal, van truckload, dedicated, LTL)
- Team or solo driver.
- Home time frequency and duration (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly)
- Driving experience level
The advanced search capabilities are invaluable to help drivers decide between the 38 different types of solo and team driving positions available, including over the road, regional, dedicated, bulk, intermodal, local, LTL and more. In addition to the many types of driving positions available, Schneider also offers opportunities on over 50 different dedicated accounts. The redesign gives drivers a fresh framework to understand the differences among all the options, making it easier than ever for them to find the perfect combination of freight type, pay and home time, so they can confidently make the best decision about their future.
Additional website features include:
- Enhanced truck driving school directory: An improved list of available schools, plus a guide on how to pay for school and obtain a CDL.
- In-depth truck specs: An up-close and personal look at both the interior and exterior features of the equipment and technology used on the trucks, including new tablets and auxiliary power units.
- Live chat: Drivers can be connected with a Schneider associate to discuss any questions they have
- Team matching: Drivers who are interested in higher paying team positions – but do not have a partner – can utilize the “Team Matching Sign-Up,” and Schneider will search for a match in its database, evaluating preferences, geography and more
“Experienced and inexperienced drivers have different needs when researching their next career move,” said Rob Reich, senior vice president of equipment, maintenance and development at Schneider. “We redesigned the website to accommodate those distinctions, ensuring that drivers can quickly and easily access the information that matters most to them.”
Driver-favorite functionality that still remains on the website includes:
- Creating job alerts for specific types of positions
- Texting or emailing notifications for available job matches
- Quick links to Schneider social media accounts and the Slice of Orange blog
For the new and improved Schneider Jobs experience, visit www.schneiderjobs.com
One of the largest trucking carriers in North America, Schneider has been a top choice of safety-minded drivers for over 80 years. With over 75 percent of its drivers getting home weekly or more frequently, Schneider provides professional opportunities that meet the work-life balance needs of today’s workforce.
Schneider has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s best employers and is nationally recognized for its support of current and former military personnel among its ranks.
For more information about Schneider’s career opportunities, visit SchneiderJobs.com Follow Schneider on Twitter @schneiderjobs and @WeAreSchneider. You can also connect with Schneider on Facebook: www.facebook.com/jobsatschneider or www.facebook.com/SchneiderNationalCareers.