GREEN BAY, Wis. (Oct. 6, 2015) – Schneider, North America's premier provider of truckload, intermodal and logistics services, was recently awarded two Logistics Management 2015 Quest for Quality Awards in the following categories: Dry Freight Carriers and Bulk Motor Carriers.
The awards are determined by respondents from Logistics Management magazine’s Quest for Quality poll, which is the most extensive of its type in the transportation and logistics industry. The poll studies the importance of vital criteria when evaluating and using transportation and logistics service providers. In addition, it rates and ranks providers on the basis of key evaluation and purchase criteria.
Each award category was scored on the following attributes:
- Performance: on-time pickup and delivery, consistent and dependable schedules and transit times, and equipment availability
- Value: competitive rates, commensurate pricing, and simple pricing
- Information technology: tracing and tracking shipments, EDI, Internet, and e-commerce capabilities
- Customer service: prompt claims settlement, ability to trace and expedite shipments, and prompt and courteous problem solving
- Equipment and operations: available equipment in good condition, low incidence of loss and damage claims, and good safety record
“What makes the Quest for Quality Awards stand out is the fact that the winners are determined by Logistics Management readers — the buyers of logistics and transportation services who put these carriers and service providers to work around the clock and around globe,” said Michael Levans, group editorial director of Peerless Media, LLC., the publisher of Logistics Management. “The list of carriers and service providers receiving a Quest for Quality Award this year have been matching both retailers’ and manufacturers’ ever-demanding service needs and helping them keep pace with the new speed of global business.”
Winners were chosen by their total weighted score and needed to have at least 10 percent of the respondents in a particular category to have used the provider’s services in the past year. In total, the poll received 4,649 responses between January and May.
Schneider is the premier provider of truckload, intermodal and logistics services. Offering the broadest portfolio in the industry, Schneider’s solutions include Regional, Long-Haul, Expedited, Dedicated, Bulk, Intermodal, Brokerage, Cross-Dock Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Port Logistics.
A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has been delivering superior customer experiences and safely getting it done for nearly 80 years. For more information about Schneider, visit www.schneider.com or follow on Twitter @WeAreSchneider.