Promotion reflects continuing commitment to excellence
GREEN BAY, Wis. (March 3, 2016) – Schneider, a premier provider of transportation, logistics and intermodal services, announced Tom DiSalvi has been promoted to vice president of safety and loss prevention.
DiSalvi was the natural choice to take over the steering wheel from Don Osterberg who retired in 2015. After serving as an officer in the United States Navy, DiSalvi joined Schneider in 1991. He worked in several areas of the business before advancing to the position of director of loss prevention in 2000. While in this role, DiSalvi was recognized by the National Safety Council with the prestigious Distinguished Service to Safety Award in 2014; in 2012, he was honored with the National Safety Professional Award of Excellence by the American Trucking Associations (ATA).
DiSalvi’s responsibilities in his new role include safety operations, driver training and regulatory compliance as well as researching and implementing breakthrough safety technologies and processes to prevent motor vehicle crashes. He will also continue to serve as a safety leader and advocate in the industry through his participation in many industry associations. His affiliations include:
- Member, National Safety Council Board of Delegates
- Vice Chair, National Safety Council Transportation Division
- Member, Board of Directors, National Sleep Foundation
- Past Member, Research Advisory Council, American Trucking Research Institute (ATRI), two terms
- Member, Regulatory Committee, ATA Safety Management Council
- Member, Advisory Board, Roadway Safety Institute
- Member, Advisory Board, Wisconsin Safety Council
- Past Chairman, Wisconsin Council of Safety Supervisors, Wisconsin Motor Carrier Association
To learn more about Schneider's commitment to safety, please visit Schneider.com.
Schneider is the premier provider of truckload, intermodal and logistics services. Offering the broadest portfolio in the industry, Schneider’s solutions include Regional, Long-Haul, Expedited, Dedicated, Bulk, Intermodal, Brokerage, Cross-Dock Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Port Logistics.
A $4 billion company, Schneider has been delivering superior customer experiences and safely getting it done for 80 years. For more information about Schneider, visit www.schneider.com or follow on Twitter: @WeAreSchneider.