GREEN BAY, Wis. (Sept. 7, 2016) — Schneider, the premier transportation and logistics provider, was recently awarded a company-best four Logistics Management 2016 Quest for Quality Awards. Multiple divisions of Schneider were honored with awards in the following categories:
- Dry Freight Carriers
- Bulk Motor Carriers
- Intermodal Marketing Companies
Respondents from Logistics Management magazine’s Quest for Quality poll, which is the most extensive of its type in the transportation and logistics industry, determine the awards. The poll takes into account vital criteria when evaluating and using transportation and logistics service providers, and rates and ranks providers on the basis of key evaluation and purchase criteria.
Each award category was scored on the following attributes:
- Performance: On-time pickup and delivery, equipment availability and consistent and dependable schedules and transit times
- Value: Competitive rates, commensurate pricing and simple pricing
- Information technology: Tracing and tracking shipments, EDI, Internet and e-commerce capabilities
- Customer service: Prompt claims settlement, ability to trace and expedite shipments and prompt and courteous problem solving
- Equipment and operations: Available equipment in good condition, good safety record and low incidence of loss and damage claims
“The growth of e-commerce and the subsequent evolution of omnichannel fulfillment has changed the game for both retailers and manufacturers,” said Michael Levans, group editorial director of Peerless Media, LLC, the publisher of Logistics Management. “According to the readers of Logistics Management, the list of carriers and service providers receiving a Quest for Quality award this year have been equal to the task — matching their ever-demanding service needs and helping them keep pace with the new speed of global business.”
Winners were chosen by their total weighted score and needed at least 10 percent of the respondents in a particular category to have used the provider’s services in the past year. In total, the poll received 4,725 responses between January and May.
Schneider is the premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Offering the broadest portfolio in the industry, Schneider’s solutions include Regional and Long-Haul Truckload, Expedited, Dedicated, Bulk, Inter-modal, Final Mile, LTL, Brokerage, Cross-Dock Logistics, Border Cross, Supply Chain Management and Port Logistics throughout North America.
A $4 billion company, Schneider has been delivering superior customer experiences and safely getting it done for 80 years. For more information about Schneider, visit schneider.com or follow @WeAreSchneider on Twitter.