1. Enhanced product integrity when shipping perishables
There’s a low margin of error when shipping refrigerated freight, and a dedicated configuration provides consistency for retailers and customers.
- Specialty driver training results in expert knowledge of your business and network to get your freight where it needs to be — on time and undamaged.
- Specific trailers for each customer eliminate the potential for cross contamination.
- The right refrigerated trailer configurations and their ongoing maintenance help safeguard refrigerated loads from ambient temperature exposure.
2. Equipment and technology safeguard refrigerated freight
An ongoing investment in new equipment and technology is imperative to expertly manage the time-sensitive and high-value loads inherent in shipping perishables and temperature-controlled freight. This type of commitment helps optimize the supply chain and bring greater value to a shipper’s business.
- Look for a carrier that has the capital and expertise to put the best equipment to work for you.
- Equipment costs have drastically risen. By working with an asset-based dedicated carrier, you can receive the most up-to-date equipment without having to make the capital investment. You also get the reassurance of knowing what equipment you are receiving for every load.
- Carriers that have expertise with refrigerated equipment and relationships with the equipment manufacturers will provide shippers with onboard technology options that continuously monitor and maintain the proper temperature, with alerts for low fuel, temperature and maintenance issues. Additionally, real-time visibility throughout the route shows the exact location of freight to help you plan for delivery to your customers.
3. Niche expertise with grocers improves reefer shipping deliveries
For refrigerated shipping, retailers have specific requirements when receiving perishable products. Shippers need a carrier that has longstanding relationships with retailers and can meet their delivery expectations.
- Carriers with longstanding grocer and retailer relationships provide shippers an advantage in receiving optimal delivery appointments and the flexibility to reschedule deliveries if needed
- These advantages mitigate late fees and penalties for shippers.
4. More freight predictability and supply chain optimization
To keep a supply chain running smoothly, shippers need to work with a carrier that puts proven processes and performance into play every day. This keeps temperature-controlled freight moving predictably, consistently and safely.
- Work with a carrier that has extensive experience in shipping refrigerated freight, access to engineering expertise and a proven track record of successfully shipping temperature-controlled loads.
- Refrigerated carriers that own their own equipment make it much easier and quicker to scale your business to meet your customers’ needs, especially during capacity-constrained market conditions
Acting as an extension of a shipper’s team, a dedicated transportation solution for shipping refrigerated freight keeps supply chains moving and shelves stocked with product that’s safe to consume.
Drive your business forward
Sign up to receive our industry leading newsletter with case studies and insights you can put to use for your business.