Shipper — Whitepaper
Schneider Driver Experience Fact Sheet
As a leading provider of premium trucking, logistics and intermodal services, Schneider knows the key role drivers play in its success. You won’t find another trucking company with the training, support, stability and options Schneider offers its drivers, from recent CDL school graduates to seasoned pros. Top it all with the company’s unparalleled commitment to keeping drivers safe and you have the total employer package.
Schneider Company Driver Overview
- Schneider offers drivers a variety of driving opportunities including:
- Less Than Truckload
- Comprehensive medical plan, dental and vision insurance, and a 401(k) savings program with 50-100 percent company match.
- Year-round discounts and special offers from hundreds of national and local companies.
- More than 75 percent of Schneider drivers get home weekly or more frequently. Home time varies by customer account and driving type. For example, a regional driver is typically home weekly, whereas Intermodal and Dedicated account drivers can get home daily in many cases.
- Performance pay up to $.04 per mile more, paid out weekly.
- Team drivers get a free satellite radio and free subscription, while solos still get the satellite antennae.
- Samsung Galaxy tablet devices make driver lives easier, giving them everything they need – from apps to news to delivery information and bonus pay statements – at their fingertips.
- Driver Referral Program
- Inexperienced driver referrals resulting in hire pay at $1,500.
- Experienced driver referrals resulting in hire pay at $3,000.
- Driver referral payout amounts are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Military Friendly
- Approximately 22 percent of Schneider associates have military experience.
- Schneider supports military drivers by making it easy to keep both jobs.
- Apprenticeship program provides eligible drivers an educational benefit payout of up to $1,431 per month during the first 12 months of employment in addition to Schneider paychecks.
- Schneider supports the military skills test waiver for those veterans who qualify with the Credit for Military Experience Program (info at schneiderjobs.com/truck-driving-jobs/military).
- Training and Education
- Schneider trains to standards, not time, giving us the reputation for being the best place to fine tune professional driving skills.
- Up to $7,000 ($200/month) tuition reimbursement for driving school graduates.
- Paid tuition to Schneider-affiliated truck driving schools across the country for select candidates seeking their Class A CDL license.
- Additional paid training in the classroom, on the road and via simulator.
- Schneider drivers have full-stop work authority if they feel conditions are unsafe.
- Health and Wellness
- Multi-dimensional health and wellness program, providing solutions across the health care continuum. By offering health risk assessments, lifestyle coaching, physical therapy and much more, Schneider aspires to be one of the healthiest transportation and logistics companies in the world.
- Programs like Shape Up Schneider and the Maintain Don’t Gain Holiday Challenge are designed to help drivers and associates make a commitment to their health through fun competitions.
- Schneider provides sleep apnea screening and treatment for all of its drivers in an effort to promote a healthier, happier lifestyle and prevent accidents caused by daytime drowsiness. (The National Safety Council recognized Schneider’s sleep apnea screening and treatment efforts with the prestigious Green Cross for Innovation in Safety award in 2019).
- Quitting smoking can be one of life’s greatest challenges – and one of the most effective ways to improve one’s health – so Schneider created a Quit Power smoking cessation program to help associates break the bad habit.
The Schneider Commitment to Safety
- At Schneider, safety is the number-one core value and a way of life for the approximately 15,650 associates who power the company forward. The company has invested millions in industry-leading strategies:
- Crash prevention technologies including collision mitigation systems, forward-facing cameras, automated manual transmissions and stability control (The National Safety Council recognized Schneider’s collision mitigation efforts with the prestigious Green Cross for Excellence in Safety award in 2018).
- Driver safety features including hands-free in-cab communications technology and injury prevention features are standard in each truck.
- Focus on continuing investment in industry-leading equipment and technology that increases safety.
- Initial and ongoing safety training.
- Driver Recognition
- Schneider Haul of Fame: Exclusive entrance is awarded to drivers who have accumulated three million safe driving miles and/or 20 consecutive years of safe driving without a preventable accident or safety infraction.
- Million Mile and Consecutive Years Safe Driving awards and banquets recognize drivers who have driven 1 million consecutive safe miles or 10 consecutive safe driving years, and subsequently every consecutive million miles or five years of consecutive safe driving.